Mortar is an indispensable material in building construction, and it plays an important role in the structure and aesthetics of buildings. However, the construction quality of mortar directly affects the quality and service life of buildings. Therefore, this article will discuss the problems of the quality of mortar construction from the following aspects, and propose corresponding solutions.
Table of Contents
Preparatory work before construction
The preparation work before mortar construction is very important, which directly affects the quality of subsequent construction. First of all, it is necessary to carefully inspect the construction site, understand the conditions and characteristics of the site, and ensure the flatness and stability of the construction site. Secondly, it is necessary to inspect the raw materials of the mortar to ensure that the quality and composition of the raw materials meet the requirements. Finally, it is necessary to formulate detailed construction plans and construction techniques to ensure the smooth progress of the construction process.
Common problems and solutions in construction
Uneven thickness of the mortar layer
The uneven thickness of the mortar layer is a common construction quality problem, which may be due to the irregular operation of the construction personnel and the poor quality of the construction tools. There are several solutions:
(1) Strengthen the training and management of construction personnel, and improve the skill level of construction personnel.
(2) Use good quality construction tools, such as flat-head scrapers, mixers, etc.
(3) Strengthen the management of the construction site to ensure the cleanliness and safety of the construction site.
The mortar is not firmly bonded
Insufficient mortar bonding is a common construction quality problem, which may be caused by an unreasonable proportion of mortar, insufficient mixing of mortar, looseness between mortar and base, etc. There are several solutions:
(1) Prepare in strict accordance with the mortar mix ratio to ensure that the quality and performance of the mortar meet the requirements.
(2) Strengthen the mixing process of the mortar to ensure that the mortar is uniform and sufficient.
(3) Brush the adhesive on the surface of the base to enhance the adhesion between the mortar and the base.
Mortar cracks are a common construction quality problem, which may be caused by vibration or unevenness of the base during construction. There are several solutions:
(1) Carry out sufficient base treatment and repair before construction to ensure that the base is flat and firm.
(2) Increase the anti-cracking agent in the mortar to enhance the toughness and crack resistance of the mortar.
(3) Brush the anti-cracking agent on the surface of the mortar to enhance the crack resistance of the mortar surface.
Matters needing attention during construction
In the process of mortar construction, the following aspects also need to be paid attention to:
The mixing time and method of mortar should be sufficient and uniform.
The mixing ratio of the mortar should be accurate, not too much or too little.
Mortar construction should be carried out according to the construction plan and construction technology, and cannot be changed at will.
Pay attention to safety during mortar construction to prevent accidents.
Through the discussion and analysis of the quality of mortar construction, it can be seen that the quality of mortar construction directly affects the quality and service life of buildings. Therefore, in mortar construction, it is necessary to strictly follow the construction plan and construction technology, strengthen the training and management of construction personnel, and ensure the stability and reliability of the mortar construction quality. At the same time, for the common problems in mortar construction, corresponding solutions should be adopted in time to ensure the quality and effect of mortar construction.
There are many other excellent articles that you can continue browsing.